Langsung ke konten

I was on the mend and I looked around the house

 I was on the mend and I looked around the house, overwhelmed at how many pieces I had crocheted during this period. My other half challenged me to start moving these pieces on to new homes. So after much deliberation I decided to sell my first piece on a selling site called Etsy. The next day I was walking the dogs and I heard a notification on my phone. I couldn’t believe it. My scarf had sold! My self-esteem was quite low at this point and I stood in the field and cried! I couldn’t believe that someone really liked my design. It was such an amazing feeling. So that’s how Wool Couture started… one scarf led to another, then people started asking for the pattern, then the yarn and then the tools.

In 2016, Ali and I officially turned my little hobby into Wool Couture. We decided we wanted to take traditional crafts like knitting, crochet, weaving, and macramé, and put them into modern craft kits. Within 12 months we had turned over just under $630k. We had moved from our dining room to a proper workspace and we gained contracts with Urban Outfitters and British retailer John Lewis.

We decided to apply for Dragons’ Den. In 2017, I faced the Dragons. It was a nerve-wracking experience, but we walked away with two amazing investors, Tej and Touker, who have been helping drive the business ever since.

Belum ada komentar

Posting Komentar

Baca aturan OOT

Tip: bungkus kode dengan [pre]...[/pre] agar tampil sebagai blok kode.

Hubungi Saya

Selamat datang di Jelasinblog.blogspot.com, ini blog taman bermain saya. Biasakan baca halaman About atau Credit untuk melihat info sebuah situs.